Members of the Philippine Economic Society (PES) elected five individuals to sit as members of the Board of Trustees for the next two years, beginning January 2023:
- Agham C. Cuevas, University of the Philippines Los Baños
- Jovi C. Dacanay, University of Asia and the Pacific
- Ricardo L. Dizon, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Adoracion M. Navarro, Philippine Institute for Development Studies
- Ser Percival K. Peña-Reyes, Ateneo de Manila University
The elections were held from 7-11 November 2022, and the results were announced at the virtual closing session of the 60th PES Annual Meeting and Conference.
Of the newly-elected Board Members, Dr. Cuevas and Dr. Dacanay are returning Board Members whose terms of office have been renewed for another two years.
Meanwhile, the terms of incumbent Board Members Mr. Ruben Carlo O. Asuncion (Union Bank of the Philippines), Dr. Kevin C. Chua (World Bank), and Dr. Majah-Leah V. Ravago (Ateneo de Manila University) will end this year.
Incumbent PES President, Dr. Charlotte Justine Diokno-Sicat, and newly-appointed editor-in-chief of The Philippine Review Economics, Dr. Emmanuel F. Esguerra, will sit as ex-officio Board Members in 2023.
Completing the roster of members of the PES Board of Trustees for 2023 are:
- Faith Christian Q. Cacnio, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
- Sarah Lynne S. Daway-Ducanes, National Economic and Development Authority
- Alice Joan G. Ferrer, University of the Philippines Visayas
- Emilio S. Neri, Jr., Bank of the Philippine Islands
- Marites M. Tiongco, De La Salle University
- Philip Arnold P. Tuaño, Ateneo de Manila University