Join Now and Become a Member of the Philippine Economic Society!
Who can become a PES member?
Individuals 21 years of age or older who have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in economics or who, in the opinion of the Board of Trustees, have shown sufficient familiarity and understanding of the science of economics to warrant admission to the Society
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the rates for annual regular membership in the year 2021 will be reduced. See the table below for the schedule of fees (discounted rates effective until 30 September 2021).
|Lifetime Membership||PhP 12,000|
|Annual Regular Membership (renewal)*||PhP 1,700||This is a 15%-discounted rate from the regular rate of PhP 2,000.|
|Annual Regular Membership (new member)||PhP 1,800||This is a 10%-discounted rate from the regular rate of PhP 2,000.|
|Graduate Student Membership||PhP 500|
* Note: The rate for annual membership renewal is only for PES members who had paid their membership dues for the year 2020, and are renewing their membership for 2021.
All annual regular and student membership fees paid until 30 September 2021 are effective until 31 December 2021.
Why become a PES member?
Benefits of affiliated economists
- A free electronic subscription to the Philippine Review of Economics Journal
- The right to vote in the PES elections
- Job for Economists (In addition to website information on job opportunities, members can participate in the open job placement services provided by the PES during its Annual Conference.)
- Discount on conference fees
- Eligibility to apply for the Philippine Social Science Council’s Travel Assistance Program