Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA), in partnership with Youth Impact, worked with the Department of Education (DepEd) to implement mEducation, a phone-based education program that utilizes mobile technology to deliver simple math lessons. The program delivers foundational, targeted, and simple instructions that aim to improve math learning outcomes. IPA plans to expand mEducation's reach as it offers many opportunities to be integrated into the existing learning approaches by the government and non-government partners.
The research associate is responsible for maintaining the efficient operation of the project. The associate also assists the Research Manager, Country Director, and Principal Investigator with summarization, analysis, and organization of data for analysis. Furthermore, the associate works with the policy team to engage to stakeholders and communicate the results of the study to influence education policies.
To apply for Research Associate, please visit https://poverty-action.org/research-associate-meducation.
- Manage day-to-day research activities, from planning to implementation, and monitoring quality
- Actively liaise and communicate with DepEd, other education partners, principal investigators (PIs), and IPA management on a regular basis to ensure smooth project delivery
- Document all activities related to the project, including preparation of progress and results reports to Principal Investigators, research partners, and funding agencies, and sharing them in a timely manner
- Assist in hiring, training, and managing project staff, including consultants, field staff, and interns
- Supervise and manage project staff, including remote data collectors and partner project facilitators - Manage administrative data from collection, processing, and storage - Conduct data cleaning and preliminary analysis, ensuring ready access to all data for research team members
- Ensure adherence to data quality protocols, managing data quality audits and running high-frequency checks guided by IPA protocols and monitoring systems
- Assist in managing partnerships with project partners, including providing timely updates and responses to partner organizations
- Performing office and project-related tasks as needed
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, including experience in economics research, impact evaluations
- Strong Stata skills
- Experience with quantitative data collection and analysis
- Strong professional writing skills
- Strong client-facing and presentation skills
- Fluency in English - Self-starter, versatility, and ability to learn at a fast pace
- Passion for making data-driven decisions a reality in the development sector.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, social science, or a related field
- Field experience in data collection
- Proficiency in Excel macros and in SurveyCTO programming
- Proficiency in Filipino languages
- Experience living and working in the Philippines