To build-up the technical capacity of the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD) by contributing to its work program. In particular, the candidate will: (i) oversee the preparation of the bi-annual journal Asian Development Review (ADR); (ii) supervise staff in-charge of the Working Papers series; (iii) supervise and coordinate activities among national staff and consultants; and (iv) support ERCD’s front office (EROD) in preparing technical assistances (TAs). It is also expected that the candidate be able to undertake independent research.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, preferably Master’s degree, with special technical ability in econometrics.
- At least 8 years work experience in related field, with at least 4 years of which should have been devoted specifically to applying econometric models
- Good knowledge and understanding of quantitative economics, database management, economic policy issues, and development trends in the region.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, with demonstrated economic research writing ability.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the research process.
- Ability to manage complex processes—applying experience, reason, and intuition to solve problems and deliver results—with limited direct supervision.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in using spreadsheets, statistical/econometric software, database applications, and knowledge in implementing automated routines.
People and Leadership Skills
- Ability to manage and coordinate tasks among National Staff and Administrative Staff and liaise with concerned groups within ADB
- Strong leadership skills and good client orientation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Deadline for submission of applications is on December 23, 2016, 11:59 p.m. For more information, please visit https://www.adb.org/careers/160673.